School Reopening Info
Open for In-School Learning August 2020
Learning is not an optional activity for children, but a treasured opportunity and necessity.
In the immediate wake of the Covid-19 stay-at-home order this spring, we were up and running with online education within days of our campuses being forced to close. Our experience taught us that while many students can excel in a remote learning environment, online learning cannot possibly replace the benefits of in-school instruction. We are dedicated to ensuring that families receive the educational support that their children need, even in difficult circumstances.
Classes 5 Days a Week at Both Campuses
Because we believe strongly that in-class instruction is best for students, we have been working all summer to ensure that Saint Dominic Academy can safely open with in-school classes 5 days a week at both campuses this fall. The health and safety of all is a critical priority for us. But it doesn't have to be either/or. We believe that, with a thoughtful and flexible approach, Saint Dominic Academy can keep our students safe while still providing them with the advantages of in-person academics.
Working with Families
The future impacts of the pandemic are impossible to predict and each family weighs the risks differently. We are committed to working with all families in the days and weeks ahead, considering and adjusting our approach as needed. We are putting in place procedures that will allow us to keep our doors open in a variety of circumstances, yet are also prepared to transition seamlessly to online learning if it becomes absolutely necessary due to worsening circumstances beyond our control.
Our staff would be happy to discuss your questions, thoughts and concerns as we navigate this new educational reality. We cannot foresee every possible scenario, but are convinced that with hard work and good will, we will be able to ensure that Saint Dominic Academy students receive a robust and fruitful school experience this year.
We will continue to update this page with more specific information for families as it becomes available. Please continue to check in for the latest news. Thank you for your patience!
- Letter from President Tim Gallic regarding summer and 2020 - 2021 reopening
- Announcement from Superintendent regarding the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
The Auburn Campus (grades 6-12) is open from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm through Friday, July 3. After Monday, August 3, the Auburn Campus will be open from 7:15 am to 3:00 pm. Individuals are required to wear a mask or similar face covering upon entering.
The Lewiston Campus building is currently closed for cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance. All Lewiston Campus inquiries can be made by leaving a voicemail at the Lewiston Campus office at 783-9323, at the Auburn Campus phone 782-6911, or by emailing Principal Alanna Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer meetings can be made by appointment with Mrs. Stevenson.
Recent Communication regarding our Covid-19 Response:
- July 22, 2020 Letter from JP Yorkey regarding Fall Athletics
- July 20, 2020 Letter from JP Yorkey regarding 2020 - 2021 Fall HS, MS, and Youth Athletics
- June 26, 2020 Letter from President Tim Gallic regarding summer and 2020 - 2021 reopening
- June 22, 2020 Letter from Superintendent Pelletier regarding Fall reopening
- June 12, 2020 Letter from Principal Alanna Stevenson
- Video Message from Bishop Robert Deeley to Class of 2020
- June 5, 2020 Letter from Principal Yorkey to High School
- June 4, 2020 Statement from President Timothy Gallic
- May 29, 2020 Letter from Principal Stevenson to Middle School
- May 26, 2020 Letter from President Tim Gallic regarding 2020 - 2021
- May 26, 2020 2020 - 2021 School Calendar
- May 20, 2020 Letter from Principal Stevenson to PK -6
- April 29, 2020 Video Statement from President Tim Gallic
- April 9, 2020 Letter from Principal Yorkey regarding Spring Sports
- April 9, 2020 President's Letter regarding Stations of the Cross
- April 8, 2020 Video Message from President Tim Gallic
- April 8, 2020 Pre-K - 12th Spirit Week Schedule
- April 8, 2020 Letter from Principal Alanna Stevenson regarding April Schedule
- April 4, 2020 President's Letter to Families
- April 3, 2020 Message from Principal JP Yorkey
- April 3, 2020 Newsletter from Principal Alanna Stevenson
- March 25, 2020 President's Letter to Families
- March 25, 2020 President's Video Message
- March 23, 2020 President's Update
- Chaplain Fr. Seamus Griesbach YouTube Channel
- Mr. Ernie Gagne's Youtube Song Channel
- Lewiston Campus (PK - 5) Daily Resources Page
- March 16, 2020 Lewiston Campus Remote Learning Memo
- March 17, 2020 Auburn Campus Remote Learning Memo
St. Dom's is a faith-based learning community. Your challenges, big or small, move us to pray for you. Send us your prayers and we will offer them up. Prayer Request
Saint Dominic, Pray for us!