Protecting God's Children
The Safe Environment Program was implemented in the Portland Diocese in June 2002. All clergy, employees, and volunteers who work with children/youth on a regular basis must attend a Protecting God's Children training session which is a sexual abuse awareness and prevention program.
- Details about the Office of Child & Youth Protection and the Protecting God’s Children program
- A variety of safe environment forms and applications for parishes, parents, schools, employees, and volunteers
- The Diocesan Code of Ethics
- A description of the Diocesan Review Board
- How to file a sexual abuse report
- Information about the Office of Professional Responsibility
- Diocesan policies on counseling assistance
Please contact Jennifer Cyr at 207-782-6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the next available class.